September 22, 2009

Trip to Boston

Kelly and Mike
Evening Surf


My mom being silly


surf meets sky


Sisters kitty, Karma




September 15th, 2000
My sister now lives in Leominster, Mass in a very pretty home with her husband, Mike (awesome guy!). My mom and I took the trip east to pay Kelly and Mike a visit two weekends ago. We spent lots of time bonding over good food-the best part of visits-watching movies together, playing wii (not to be confused with playing with our wee-wees), and goofing around. On Sunday we drove to Kittery Maine and spent some time shopping around the Kittery Trading Post, the local outlet stores and we ate dinner at a neat New Englandesque place-mmmmmm blueberry chicken, fish and chips, mmmm! In the evening we drove to Wells Maine to see the Ocean. It was a beautiful evening: nice and cool, beautiful sea breeze blowing on shore, the surf was 3-5ft, and the sun was setting. It was so nice to just to watch nature unfold like this with my family, and I wish Eileen could have been there. This trip brought back some great memories for me. My father took my mom, brother and I to Kittery and Wells when we were 12 or so, and it was the first time I saw the ocean. This area is probably cliche for New Englanders, but given the memories I have there and the family I was with, I adore it! On Monday we drove to Salem Mass. Salem was not what I expected-there were lots of neat shops, restaurants, etc. but I was hoping it would be less commercial. We arrived late so many of the shops were closing and the ghost hunts do not begin until October. Despite those shortcomings, it was great browsing around with my family! This trip flew by, which is a good sign. The best part were the long rides back to my sisters house during which we gorged ourselves on fudge and picked on one another. I miss Kelly and Mike already, and I'm excited to see them during the holidays!











No comments: